The following competition Terms & Conditions are in reference to the ‘Michael Kors VIP Monaco Prize Sweepstakes' available to enter via Michael Kors stores.
No purchase necessary. Open to residents of Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain (Madrid only), Switzerland and the UK. Entrants must be 18 years or older (or the relevant age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction). Starts March 29, 2017, and ends April 23, 2017. See Michael Kors store associate to enter and for Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Prize begins May 25, 2017 and ends May 29, 2017.
Terms & Conditions – Michael Kors VIP Monaco Prize Sweepstakes
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (collectively, the “Countries”) who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or the relevant age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction). Employees of Promoter (defined below), its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
2. Promoter: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Michael Kors (UK) Limited, 33 Kingsway, London, United Kingdom WC2B 6UF, except in Spain, where the Sweepstakes is sponsored by Michael Kors Spain, S.L., Calle Alfonso XII 36, FL 3, Derecha Moderno, 28014 Madrid, Spain (“Promoter”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Promoter’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. Drawing: On May 2, 2017, at approximately 3:00 p.m. GMT in London, United Kingdom, Promoter will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received from all Stores during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The potential winner will be notified via the contact information provided on the entry form.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Promoter will attempt to notify the potential winner within one (1) business day of the date of selection. The notified potential winner will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to Promoter and accept the prize. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and a confidentiality agreement. If a potential winner fails to accept the prize within the time allotted and/or return the required documents in a timely manner, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
7. Prize: One (1) winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix in the principality of Monaco, taking place on May 27, 2017 and May 28, 2017(the “Event”). The winner will additionally receive round-trip airfare and/or ground transportation (Promoter to determine) to and from Monaco for the winner and his or her guest (from the winner’s home); ground transportation to and from the Event for the winner and his or her guest (from the winner’s hotel); and hotel accommodations for four (4) nights for the winner and his or her guest (between May 25, 2017 and May 29, 2017). The prize is not transferable. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Promoter who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable, as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. If repeated attempts to contact a potential winner to arrange for fulfillment of the prize are met with no response within forty eight (48) hours, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter has the right to select an alternate winner in a random drawing of entries received. All other costs and expenses are the winner’s responsibility.
a. Trip Location and Timing: Promoter will attempt to accommodate the winner’s request for departure city and airport (if applicable) but the final decision is in Promoter’s sole discretion. The trip will take place over approximately five (5) days and four (4) nights (including travel time), from May 25, 2017 through May 29, 2017. Promoter will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the winner’s booking requests concerning timing for the prize.
b. Value and Taxes: The approximate retail value of the prize is €15,000. The actual value of the trip will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure and transportation method. The value of the prize may be treated as income to the winner and thus the winner may be responsible for payment and reporting of any applicable taxes. We encourage you to consult your tax advisor to determine how winning this prize may affect your tax obligations.
c. Additional Details: Winner may bring one (1) guest with him or her on the trip, who is at least 18 years old and has a valid passport for travel that does not expire on or before May 31, 2017. The guest (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a minor) may be required to sign a liability/publicity release and a confidentiality agreement. The winner and his or her guest must travel on the same itinerary. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Promoter, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. The winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; Promoter may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable or impractical to provide, as determined by Promoter in its sole, but reasonable, discretion. If repeated attempts to contact a potential winner to arrange for fulfillment of a prize are met with no response, said prize will be forfeited and Promoter has the right to select an alternate winner in a random drawing of the entries received.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Promoter may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Promoter to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Promoter by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. According to the French “Data Protection Act” (loi “Informatique et Libertés”) of January 6th, 1978, participants have the right to access, modify, rectify and delete data concerning them.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, to the extent permissible by law, you agree to release and hold harmless Promoter, its respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree, to the extent permissible by law, that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. To the extent permissible by law, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in England and Wales. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Promoter in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of England and Wales or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than England and Wales.
11. Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Michael Kors Marketing Department, 33 Kingsway, London, United Kingdom WC2B 6UF. Requests must be received by June 2, 2017.
12. Additional Information for French Entrants: These Official Rules have been filed with Maître Sandrine Panhard, Huissier de Justice Associé of the SCP SCHAMBOURG - PANHARD, 14 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, 75008 PARIS. They will be sent at no expense upon simple request made at the address of the Promoter. Postage expenses at the normal rate will be reimbursed upon request made at the address of Promoter.
13. English/French (or Other) language: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French (or other) language version of the Sweepstakes Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern, and control.